24 May 2007

How to Submit for Publication Without Really Trying

I have a passion for paper products; I've never really been into emailed thank yous over the real "card in hand" experience. I love to write. I love the feeling of pen on paper, especially when said pen is my favorite fountain pen (my friend for about 8 years and counting). So it should come as no surprise that I prefer planning my days on paper instead of on a Palm or Treo or other such device (although I do use iCal occasionally). My planner of choice is the We'Moon series. I love the stories, the poems, the graphics... if only they had a page per day format (I've actually considered punching holes in the thing and combining it with my Franklin Covey planner so I have the best of both worlds, but alas, I am lazy).

Anyway, I got an email from We'Moon today (I am on their mailing list) with a call for submissions to their 2009 planner. Now, I've never had anything published or reproduced, and I thought, "Hey, why not try?". And so I sit at my computer, watching my printer crank out copies of all of my goddess silks to submit for consideration. There's no money in this (unless I somehow make the cover of the planner), just the opportunity to share my work with other like-minded womyn, but it would be incredibly cool to be happily planning my day and stumble across my own work. That would be a real boost to my day.

So wish me luck. I won't hear back until this time next year, but it's worth the wait!

No comments: