20 June 2007

How does your garden grow (Flower and Handle Scrubbies)






Ah, Scrubbies.

Scrubbies sell. Scrubbies are popular for trading. Scrubbies are easy to make. But they're also boring as all hell and hard to differentiate from everyone else. My first attempt at making a different scrubbie was the round scrubbie. And those traded well. So I decided to give it another go.

I came up with two new scrubbies. The first, a simple flower motif with a hanging string. Let's you hang the darn thing up to dry, and it comes to you as a fun little flower. The second is the regular "just another scrubbie" scrubbie, but with a hanging loop. When I created my own "just another scrubbie" to see how it compared to my round scrubbie (it didn't, by the way), I made it like everyone else does. Just a square. But I had to set the thing in the soap dish and it smelled of mildew and never really dried. Ewwww. No more "just another scrubbies" for me. Now they will all have hanging loops, just like this "Just Another Scrubbie (Only Better)".

So, nothing exotic, but hey, they're kreations nonetheless.

Lessons learned:
1) A flower motif can become anything you want it to be
2) Disgust breeds innovation

I'm posting these to my store today, so look for them, well, now!

No comments: