10 March 2007

Ghost of Projects Past I - Bra Purses





The Ghost of Projects Past will feature projects that have long since moved on to happy homes. Sometimes I find these pictures on random flash drives or CDs. Others come from appreciation photos I get from happy friends and family members.

From 24 December 2004, are two bra purses I made for my two favorite professors. The black purse was for my elegant, articulate mentor and professor, A.J. It was fashioned from a black sateen 36B bra, some beaded fringe, lace, ribbon, and flowers. The denim purse was for the happy-go-lucky, open, friendly professor I TA'd for, Chris. She is a graduate of Colorado State University, a podunk little cowtown-turned-college town. It was fashioned from a denim-cotton blend 38C bra, some leatherette fringe, bandana trim, some denim-toned appliques, rivets, beads, and conch ties. Both received uber-compliments arnd requests surrounding the purses.

The only "Lesson Learned" I remember from these projects is that a cheaper sewing machine lacks the foot clearance to handle a padded bra. It was this project that started me on the path to my new Janome QC6260.

Now a secret... I have another bra purse in the works. Stay tuned for more!

No comments: