06 April 2007

Ghosts of Projects Past Part IV - Randomness








This post is pretty random, mostly because I'm too lazy to break these projects into two separate categories.

The baby hat is actually from the not-too-distant past. Like, two months ago, tops. I just never got around to photographing it or blogging about it. I actually made it sometime between RAINN-y Day Bracelets and X-Ray Bags. Baby yarn was on sale, and I felt kinda guilty for not making any baby items. I figured it wouldn't kill me to make a hat.

Hats are my speciality. For some reason, I can do them with my eyes closed in no time with no pattern and they always come out freakin' adorable. I settled on a striped earflap hat. I wanted to do pompons, but my husband vehmently opposes the pompon, so I ended up with braids. I haven't measured the hat, but comparing it to the ones I keep getting for our little one, I'd have to guess it'll fit 3-6 months.

The pink pouch is at the opposite end of the scale. I don't even know how old it is anymore. It was just an experiment; I created a pouch with a drawstring and shell-stitch edging. I crocheted a drawstring with donut ends. I know it fits an iPod or a camera (I used it for two days in my purse to protect my camera until I found my camera pouch). I like the color. But other than that, I don't know much about it.

I feel sort of guilty, writing about projects I don't have much memory on. But that's okay. I still think they're both cool enough to share and, of course, grace the "shelves" of my Etsy store.

No comments: